-football armor (a friend lent me his because he had grown out of it, I recommend asking friends with boys for their old gear or rummaging at Goodwill, which always turns up surprises) you'll need armor for your shoulders and legs, which is included in a football set
-a black morph suit (this was the most expensive item on my list, because I needed it quickly and had to buy from a shop in town, but if you start shopping for it in September, before Halloween, you can save money by shopping around online for a better deal)
-battery powered Xmas lights (you can buy these in a string of ten, which is perfect for your needs. If you can't find red, you can paint them red with window stain paint, which won't cover the light but tint the glass red)
-black and silver paint
-your own black clothes (I used boots, booty shorts, and a black long sleeved shirt in case it gets cold)
1. Paint all the armor black (shoulders, leg pads, the whole gamut) with silver accents. Check out pics of Calhoun for paint guidelines
2. You'll have to attach elastic straps to the back of the leg armor, which is foam, so you can staple the straps right to the edges of it. You can then paint the elastic if you like, black or silver. Measure on your own leg before attaching, you'll want it tight so it won't slide off all night.
3. Paint the Nerf guns black and silver to taste. I added red glow sticks to mine instead of the battery powered lights, which achieved the same video game effect. Just make sure you leave the inside of the barrel unpainted, so authorities can tell its a fake gun, and not arrest you.
4. Attach the lights to the shoulder pads. I used two foam strips, through which I poked 5 lights each, and attached those to the inside edge of the armor, right by my neck. The battery pack itself can be attached to the inside back of the armor.
5. You're ready! After this, it's up to you what other additions you'd like to add to it, like armor around the boots, haircut/wig, but personalize it up!
I hope that this helps you guys out!